K-12 Students will earn a real chess rating from the US Chess Federation at our scholastic Tournament. A great place for K-12 students to:
- Have a great chess-tournament experience
- Begin playing rated chess
- Grow in their chess tournament skills.
- All players must not have graduated from high school.
- All players must be under 18 years of age.
- All players must have a current membership in the US Chess Federation. Youth memberships are $20/year and can be purchased online at USChess.org or from our club.
- One Section, but in the case of a large turnout, sections will be assigned at the discretion of the tournament director
Rounds: First round begins at 9:00am. All other rounds as soon as possible.
Keeping Score: No time penalties will be issued for failing to keep score, but an adequate scoresheet is still required for some claims.
Trophies: Trophies will be awarded to top individual finishers in all sections. There are no team prizes.
No Lunch: There will be no lunch break, but players may bring a snack or lunch.
Early Registration is $20; Day-of registration is $40. Four rounds with a time control of G/25;d5.
Players under the age of 15 must have a player/guardian/coach in the facility at all times. Direct questions an exception requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com.